WAIPARA SPRINGS PREMO RIESLING 2013


VINTAGE NOTES

Brix:  22.5 & 23.4
Fermentation:  100% old oak
Alcohol:  12.0%
Titratable Acidity: 11.5 g/l
Residual Sugar: 29 g/l
pH:   3.13

Cellar Notes

Premo Riesling is made from specific parcels within our Riesling block that have the intensity and acid profile to create a Spatlese style Riesling.

The focus of the Premo Riesling is to create a sweet style of Riesling with botrytis influence that has the natural acidity to make a true table wine of elegance.

Harvested in two passes, 10% of the blend was a botrytis pick taking anything with noble rot to be foot stomped and soaked on skins for 72 hours before pressing and fermentation in old oak barrels. The remaining 90% was machine harvested at the appropriate level of acidity for a 'spatlese' style of wine (9.5g/L T.A). Both parcels were fermented separately and stopped naturally with chilling and sulphur dioxide when the desired balance of sugar and acid was achieved.

Tasting Notes

The focus of our Premo Riesling is to create a sweeter style of Riesling with botrytis influence that has the natural acidity to make a true table wine of elegance. Aromatically infused with citrus, bees wax and spice, this wine is perfectly balanced and has layered complexity.

Review

The delicious 2013 vintage (5*) is a medium style (29 grams/litre of residual sugar). Bright, light lemon/green, it is notably rich, with deep, peachy flavours, slightly limey, spicy and honeyed, and lovely concentration and harmony. Full of personality, it's a drink-now or cellaring proposition. Great value. Michael Cooper's Buyer's Guide to New Zealand Wines 2015.

Download printable tasting notes in PDF format

Purchase this wine now from our online shop

    > Waipara Springs

    > Waipara Downs

    > Bascand Estate

    > The Springs

    > Jack's Canyon


 

Subscribe or follow us

For the latest news, events and wine deals, sign up now to our newsletter, follow us on Twitter or Like us on our Fan Page

Follow Waipara_Springs on Twitter

 

Featured Wine

WAIPARA SPRINGS PINOT GRIS

This is an aromatic, full-flavoured wine with tropical fruit notes of guava and fresh pears with a hint of quince spice. 

ยป read more

 

>> Online Shop

       

>> Wine Dogs

>> Image Gallery

If you have any images that you would like to see on our website, please do not hesitate to email them.

Waipara Springs
Winery & Cafe

Waipara. North Canterbury,
New Zealand

Phone: +64 3 314 6777
Fax:   +64 3 314 6993

Worldwide Distributors

Southern Boundary Wines Group